At Northeast Pennsylvania Comprehensive Treatment Centers, our commitment to quality patient service begins with the admissions process. In order to ensure that prospective patients have an efficient and productive intake experience, we ask that you take a moment to carefully review the information on this page:
First, in order to receive medication assisted treatment at one of our centers, patients must meet the following criteria:
- Age 18 or older
- Dependent on opioids for at least one year
- Not dependent on alcohol or other narcotics
- No active prescriptions for pain medication or narcotics
Individuals who meet these criteria will be scheduled for an intake appointment. All prospective patients must bring the following with them to this appointment:
- Valid photo identification, such as a Driver’s license, state-issued ID card, or passport
- Documentation of 12-month opioid addiction, such as a medical referral, paperwork from previous treatment, or legal documents
- Cash, money order, or cashier’s check to pay intake fees
- Proof of ability to pay for treatment services
- Insurance card, if intending to pay for treatment with insurance
Please note that prospective patients are expected to arrive for their appointment in a state of withdrawal, having not abused any opioids for 20 to 24 hours. The only exception to this expectation is for pregnant women, who should not be in withdrawal when they arrive at our center for intake.
During your intake appointment, prospective patients will complete the following:
- Provide a urine specimen for a drug screen.
- Complete a detailed clinical evaluation
- If currently prescribed non-opioid medications, sign a release of information form so that we can coordinate care with the prescribing physician
After completing this initial intake process, prospective patients will be scheduled to meet with our physician for a final assessment and admittance decision by our physician. This appointment will be about three days after the initial intake appointment. If the prospective patient is approved for admittance by our physician, he or she will receive medication the same day.
For additional information about any aspect of care at Northeast Pennsylvania Comprehensive Treatment Centers, please contact us at your convenience. We look forward to answering all of your questions and helping you to make the best decision for yourself or your loved one.